We love photography and Rouge - one of Calgary’s finest restaurant! So, when I got the email about this special event that celebrates the passion for fine photography and luxurious food while supports Canada’s public foundation for women and girls. We just had to go even if it was on a Thursday night after work.
The Worldwide WOW photo competition partnered with Rouge to provide a dinner that brings together the best in Canadian cuisine that complements the wonderful photographs showcased during the special fundraising event for CPC Elevate supporting The Canadian Women’s Foundation.
There was a singer performing live from the second floor balcony to welcome the guests’ arrival. I only recorded a 20-second raw footage via iPhone to show you how beautiful it was!
Like WOW, Rouge’s special Menu for the night brought together the best from coast to coast:
- Poached Arctic Char, Brown Butter and Lemon
- Paired with 2010 Kettle Valley, Chardonnay, VQA, Naramata, BC
- Fresh oysters
- Lobster fritters
- Grass Fed Alberta Ribeye, Saskatoon Berry Jus
- Paired with 2008 Noble Ridge, Meritage, Okanagan Falls, BC
- Grizzly gouda cheese bread
- Butternut squash soup
- Eastern Townships
- Compressed Foie Terrine, Garden Rhubarb, Bourbon Maple Syrup
- Maple Whiskey Minnie Brule (creme brule dessert)
- Paired with 2011 Domaine Pinnacle, Ice Cider, Quebec
- Wild Mushroom Risotto with roasted seasonal root vegetables
- Paired with 2009 Liquidity, Pinot Noir, Okanagan Falls, BC
- Steve Speer
- Neil Zeller – Cher bought a beautiful photo “Flowing North on Macleod South” – taken during the 2013 Calgary Flood
- Charlene Williams
- Jeff Cruz
- Rafal Wegiel
- Brett Gilmour
- Jennifer Alysson
- Jared Sych
- Jan Boydol
We hope this blog post brings you the awareness of this wonderful foundation that empowers women and girls in Canada to move out of violence and out of poverty and into confidence. If you love photography and would like to support a great cause, you may want to check out this WOW Photo Contest – http://www.wowphotocontest.ca/details/
Please feel free to share your special events in the comments area to raise awareness.
Some iPhone photos that we took during the wondering evening: